Welcome to the Helen Import Day team and thank you for your interest in volunteering. The following policy must be respected and followed at all times. Thank you.
1. Volunteers are expected to perform their duties accurately and completely, and may be asked to perform extra duties for the event, in addition to their original sign-up times. Volunteers must be able to devote time and effort to the event before, during and after.
2. Volunteers are required to attend Helen Import Day during their specified time slots, unless special exception is made by the Staff.
Volunteer’s Personal Information
1. All volunteers are required to provide accurate information to Helen Import Day, with the understanding that no information will be available to anyone outside of the convention.
2. Volunteers are required to keep email contact with us. If volunteers are unreachable through email or phone in a timely manner at any time, they will be taken off the volunteer list and will not qualify for any volunteer benefits.
3. Volunteering in a certain department is contingent on approval by the department head.
4. Volunteers are asked to make an attempt to attend at least one volunteer meeting.
5. Volunteers should sign up for and follow any social media groups or pages.
Staff Rules and Regulations
1. Volunteers are required to abide by the same rules as attendees, and should be well-read on all Helen Import Day official policies.
2. Volunteers are restricted from any activity that will take their attention away from the assigned duty that they are responsible for while working. This includes, but is not limited to, working for a vendor. After their scheduled hours, volunteers are welcome to enjoy the events of the event, but Helen Import Day duties take precedence over other activities.
3. Alcohol and illegal substances are not allowed to be carried or consumed by anyone at the event.
4. No volunteer should give their staff shirt/badge to any attendee for any reason. If a volunteer gives his/her staff shirt/badge to an attendee, he/she is subject to expulsion and permanent ban from working future Helen Import Day events.
5. As a representative of Helen Import Day, volunteers are asked to abide by certain etiquette standards before, during, and after the event. Volunteers are to conduct themselves in a professional manner regarding the event, and are asked to refer to official Helen Import Day announcements when on any public forum (newspaper, radio, magazine article, blogs, forums, social media, etc.).
1. Volunteers who are given shirts are asked not to wear their staff shirt except when they are on duty. These shirts are for VOLUNTEER STAFF ONLY. DO NOT give your shirt to anyone else.
2. If you are working for a vendor while off-duty, do not wear a volunteer shirt.
1. Should a volunteer fail to abide by the rules outlined in this document, or behave inappropriately while representing the event (whether it be at the event, on a public forum, or otherwise), a warning, reassignment, or expulsion may be enacted. The severity of the offense will dictate the severity of the discipline.
2. The staffing member will be the deciding factor in any disciplinary action.
1. Volunteer meetings, volunteer events, and communications between volunteer staff contain information from Helen Import Day which may be confidential and privileged. Please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited until an official statement is released by the convention. This includes guest announcements, events policies. Helen Import Day reserves the right to remove any person from volunteer staff for any reason at any time.
Helen Import Day Waiver
I acknowledge that this event may have risks, which include, but are not limited to: actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, event officials, event monitors and/or producers of the event. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in this event. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability (AWRL) form will be used by Helen Import Day, and the sponsors of the event in which I may participate and it will govern my actions and responsibilities at this event.
In consideration of my participation in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) Waive, release, and discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me or my traveling to and from this event, Helen Import Day, and their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents, the event sponsors and event volunteers, (B) indemnify and hold harmless all entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of my actions during this event.
I understand that at this event or related activities I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and/or assigns.
This AWRL shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under the applicable law.
Covid 19 Acknowledgement
By volunteering, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 (coronavirus) exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 (coronavirus), and agree not to hold Helen Import Day, the venue(s), or any of their respective officers, agents, representatives, employees, contractors, and/or affiliates liable for any illness or injury in connection with your or your guests’ attendance at the event.